Crest 3D White Case Study: Using consumer focused innovation
to form a point of differentiation in a saturated teeth whitening marke
An attractive smile – in particular white teeth – has become a
sought-after physical attribute among today’s self-expressive and
appearance-conscious US consumers. However, with today’s teeth whitening
market nearing saturation in Western regions, it has become hard for
industry players to achieve standout appeal. Meaningful innovation has
therefore become a key determinant of market success.
Features and benefits
* Achieve sales growth of teeth whitening products by learning how product innovation can be used to enhance brand credibility.
* Stimulate ideation and invigorate brands by learning from Crest and Oral-B’s recent success in the teeth whitening market.
* Gain a competitive edge in a saturated teeth whitening market by uncovering the core needs of today’s oral care consumers.
Company’s research shows that US consumers are more likely to pay
greater attention to teeth and gums than hair or skin. Indeed, over half
(57%) of US consumers deem whitening benefits to be important in their
choice of oral hygiene products, according to Company’s 2010 Consumer
Crest and Oral-Bs 3D White Collection – launched in the US in March 2010
-was the most successful non-foods new product launch in 2011,
achieving $151.1m in first-year sales according to SymphonyIRIs 2011 New
Product Pacesetters Report.
The collections market success stems largely from its ability to
accommodate US consumers specific oral care needs, offering choice
simplification, product efficacy, and value for money through
consumer-focused product innovation.
Your key questions answered
* To what extent is consumer demand for white teeth impacting on the US oral care market?
* How have Crest and Oral-B achieved a point of differentiation in the
teeth whitening market, and in doing so gained a competitive advantage?
* What are the key consumer trends shaping purchasing behaviour in the US teeth whitening market?
For More Information
More Related Reports
Crest 3D White Case Study: Using consumer focused innovation to form a
point of differentiation in a saturated teeth whitening market
Cadbury Roses “Cartins” Case Study: When sustainability vies with tradition
Location-based Mobile Apps Case Study: Harnessing location-aware technology in CPG mobile marketing
The People’s Supermarket Case Study: Attracting experiential consumers with an authentic ethical positioning
Mentos Viral Marketing Case Study: Turning unexpected online attention to your advantage
Brazilian Orange Juice Case Study: Seizing Opportunities for Market Development in the Brazilian Orange Sector
Aperol Case Study: Aligning an authentic Italian alcohol brand with contemporary consumer needs
Country Analysis Report – China – In-depth PESTLE Insights
Country Analysis Report – South Korea – In-depth PESTLE Insights